Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Raffy on 'Roids? Say It Ain't So...
Rafael Palmeiro wants the steroid scandal that has wrapped his impressive career in doubt to disappear. Something tells me Major League Baseball won't let it.
In today's New York Times, there is the revelation that Palmeiro tested positive for Stanozolol. For those of you not familiar with it, that is an anabolic steroid. It is nearly impossible to "unknowingly" take it (as Palmeiro maintains). The Times also reports that Raffy tested positive in May, well before collecting his milestone 3,000th career hit.
That baseball might have allowed such a delay in the annoucement strikes me--less as appauling, and more as intriguing.
Did Major League Baseball want Raffy to be their steroid poster-boy? Commissioner Bud Selig has lobbied for testing that is even stricter than the current system. The players' union has largely kept quiet on that subject. Now, that needs to change.
I don't doubt that some players might unknowingly use a supplement with traces of a steroid. Accidents happen, right (wink, wink)? But it appears Palmeiro doesn't fall into that category.
He was, arguably, a future Hall of Famer, like slugger Mark McGwire. But Big Mac never tested positive. With Big Mac, there is no proof. Only suspicion of a league-wide epidemic.
Rafael Palmeiro just might be proof.
As always, your thoughts are welcome. The address: chandler@wews.com
___________________________________________________________________
Here's a few of your recent e-mails:
Palmeiro was a "on the line" hall of famer, that line might of just been broken. This is a blow to his credentials as a Hall of Famer. There has been so much talk about whether he is or is not a HOF'er and now, with the media voting, he's sure to be left out. It's not like Alex Sanchez or Rafael Betancourt are 500/3000 guys, but Raffy has the numbers.
I love baseball, and I am not going to cast stones because of some things I've done in my past, but hey, I'm 6'foot, 190 lbs and in good shape. I played ball through High School.
Maybe if I was on the juice, I could have secured a better future for my family as a pro player.
These guys seem to take everything for granted, in the fans eyes.
Dan DiMarino( Brunswick)
---------------------------
here's to hoping for an exciting Browns season this year. I think Crennel will be a great asset to the team. Orange Kool-Aid sounds great and I'll bake some Brownies to go with that. How's that sound? :-) Until next time Go Brownies!!!
Karen L.
In today's New York Times, there is the revelation that Palmeiro tested positive for Stanozolol. For those of you not familiar with it, that is an anabolic steroid. It is nearly impossible to "unknowingly" take it (as Palmeiro maintains). The Times also reports that Raffy tested positive in May, well before collecting his milestone 3,000th career hit.
That baseball might have allowed such a delay in the annoucement strikes me--less as appauling, and more as intriguing.
Did Major League Baseball want Raffy to be their steroid poster-boy? Commissioner Bud Selig has lobbied for testing that is even stricter than the current system. The players' union has largely kept quiet on that subject. Now, that needs to change.
I don't doubt that some players might unknowingly use a supplement with traces of a steroid. Accidents happen, right (wink, wink)? But it appears Palmeiro doesn't fall into that category.
He was, arguably, a future Hall of Famer, like slugger Mark McGwire. But Big Mac never tested positive. With Big Mac, there is no proof. Only suspicion of a league-wide epidemic.
Rafael Palmeiro just might be proof.
As always, your thoughts are welcome. The address: chandler@wews.com
___________________________________________________________________
Here's a few of your recent e-mails:
Palmeiro was a "on the line" hall of famer, that line might of just been broken. This is a blow to his credentials as a Hall of Famer. There has been so much talk about whether he is or is not a HOF'er and now, with the media voting, he's sure to be left out. It's not like Alex Sanchez or Rafael Betancourt are 500/3000 guys, but Raffy has the numbers.
I love baseball, and I am not going to cast stones because of some things I've done in my past, but hey, I'm 6'foot, 190 lbs and in good shape. I played ball through High School.
Maybe if I was on the juice, I could have secured a better future for my family as a pro player.
These guys seem to take everything for granted, in the fans eyes.
Dan DiMarino( Brunswick)
---------------------------
here's to hoping for an exciting Browns season this year. I think Crennel will be a great asset to the team. Orange Kool-Aid sounds great and I'll bake some Brownies to go with that. How's that sound? :-) Until next time Go Brownies!!!
Karen L.
Posted at 10:44 AM
<< Home