Monday, July 31, 2006

Browns Camp: Tuckered Out

The sight of starting right tackle Ryan Tucker watching practice Sunday, wearing a brace on his right knee and a long look on his face was a little concerning.

He missed his fourth practice in three days, thanks to what head coach Romeo Crennel termed an "old knee." There's a good chance that knee will have to be scoped.

I spoke with Tucker Sunday, and he echoed his coach's sentiments.

"It was just one of those deals where you're just doing something and it's really not a lot of contact and you feel something pop and you can't put weight on it."

Could it be that, after ten seasons of wear and tear, Tucker is breaking down?

"I don't think so. I'm only 31. I feel really young and my quarterback tells me I'm just a big kid."

He will decide, likely by Tuesday, whether or not to go through with the procedure to scope the knee. If he does go through with it, he said he would expect to miss most of the preseason, but be ready for the start of the regular season in September.

"I'll be ready for the season regardless."

Fans, remember you can sound off on the Browns as part of the Alltel SoundOff on the Toyota Sports Sunday. Send your thoughts to 5sports@newsnet5.com

Posted at 2:20 PM