Thursday, March 22, 2007
1ST HALF: UT 49 OSU 32
By John Chandler
Ohio State looks shocked. Again. The difference between this start and Saturday's, against Xavier, is simple. The Vols are far more talented than the Musketeers. The Buckeyes, meanwhile, appear just as sluggish as they did before, down 30-18 with 7:54 to play in the first half.
I'm not about to call this, obviously, with still so much time to play; remember, Ron Lewis taught me a lesson after I packed up my courtside seat with 2:54 to play against Xavier. But let's just say this one's quickly getting away from the Bucks.
Freshman Frustration
As David Lighty missed back-to-back free throws, I can't help but wonder just how jittery this group of freshmen still is. They're down 34-18, and have to feel like their nine lives are running out. If I'm Greg Oden, I'm not letting 2 fouls hold me back. This team needs a lift, and playing it safe at this point will only lead to an early flight back to Columbus on Friday.
Rocky Start
UT faithful are loud, that's for sure. Maybe it's because their assigned cheering second is directly behind my left ear, or maybe it's just me. Either way, the sea of orange has remained standing, like a crested wave of orange crush, for most of the first half. Meanwhile, the thousand or so Buckeye fans are sitting on their hands, behind the bench. Granted, they have had little to cheer for. But c'mon now. I've heard Rocky Top at least four times before one Hang On Sloopy. That's just not the Buckeye Nation I know.
A three from Ivan Harris just shut up these UT fans for the moment. Why do I get the feeling that won't last?
I was right. Back-to-back buckets by the Vols has their fans geeked in the final minute. Chris Lofton's offensive rebound and put back put UT up by 20, 49-29. With Oden on the bench in foul trouble, OSU is getting killed on the glass.
David Lighty beat the buzzer for a layup, adding a free throw for the three-point-play. Upon further review, the stripes gave UT :00.3 seconds to wrap it up.
Halftime: UT 49, OSU 32... Got Miracle?
Ohio State looks shocked. Again. The difference between this start and Saturday's, against Xavier, is simple. The Vols are far more talented than the Musketeers. The Buckeyes, meanwhile, appear just as sluggish as they did before, down 30-18 with 7:54 to play in the first half.
I'm not about to call this, obviously, with still so much time to play; remember, Ron Lewis taught me a lesson after I packed up my courtside seat with 2:54 to play against Xavier. But let's just say this one's quickly getting away from the Bucks.
Freshman Frustration
As David Lighty missed back-to-back free throws, I can't help but wonder just how jittery this group of freshmen still is. They're down 34-18, and have to feel like their nine lives are running out. If I'm Greg Oden, I'm not letting 2 fouls hold me back. This team needs a lift, and playing it safe at this point will only lead to an early flight back to Columbus on Friday.
Rocky Start
UT faithful are loud, that's for sure. Maybe it's because their assigned cheering second is directly behind my left ear, or maybe it's just me. Either way, the sea of orange has remained standing, like a crested wave of orange crush, for most of the first half. Meanwhile, the thousand or so Buckeye fans are sitting on their hands, behind the bench. Granted, they have had little to cheer for. But c'mon now. I've heard Rocky Top at least four times before one Hang On Sloopy. That's just not the Buckeye Nation I know.
A three from Ivan Harris just shut up these UT fans for the moment. Why do I get the feeling that won't last?
I was right. Back-to-back buckets by the Vols has their fans geeked in the final minute. Chris Lofton's offensive rebound and put back put UT up by 20, 49-29. With Oden on the bench in foul trouble, OSU is getting killed on the glass.
David Lighty beat the buzzer for a layup, adding a free throw for the three-point-play. Upon further review, the stripes gave UT :00.3 seconds to wrap it up.
Halftime: UT 49, OSU 32... Got Miracle?
Posted at 7:44 PM
<< Home